Glow Team Winter Skincare Routine
When it comes to winter skin care, it's important to use products that are gentle yet hydrating, and that's what J-beauty is all about! So here's our J-beauty skin care routine for the winter months to keep us glowing no matter how cold and dry it is outside.
COMBINATION TO DRY SKIN
Hey Glowers, it’s Liz! If you’re like me, keeping things minimal is the way to go! That includes my daily skin care routine. I have combination to dry skin, so using products that keeps my skin moisturized and balance is a must! Here is my current routine:
Step 1: Santa Marche Deep Cleansing
The two step cleansing process is imperative to starting your skin care routine! You first start with an oil cleanser followed by a gentle face wash. However, as mentioned, I like keeping my routine simple and only using products that I find are necessary for my skin. I recently discovered a new face wash that combines the two steps into one. It’s a gel cleanser that acts as both an oil cleanser and face wash. I’ve been using it for about a month now and it’s been one of my greatest skin care finds!
For my first step, I use Santa Marche Deep Cleansing. The name lives up to its effectiveness. It really provides the deep cleanse without stripping away moisture and leaves my skin feeling refreshed. It’s very soothing with its gel-like texture. This product is made with amazing, natural ingredients such as Green Tea, Hatomugi, Chamomile, Konjac, and more. When applying the product on my skin, the green tea fragrance is light and pleasant. Perhaps the most profound feature of this product is that even though it acts as an oil cleanser, it’s 100% Oil Free.
Step 2: Melano CC Lotion - Mentholatum’s Melano CC’s whitening lotion!
Japanese lotions are different from western toners. In a way, Japanese lotions are like skin treatments. They function to help target problem areas that you want to improve. For me, my skin goals are for a brighter complexion and minimizing pores. The Melano CC lotion does just that! It contains Vitamin C and Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (Licorice Root Extract) that helps with lightning hyper-pigmentation and reducing inflammation. It’s non-sticky and doesn’t require a cotton pad when applying. Just a few drops on the palm of your hands and then pat away!
Step 3: Naturie Skin Conditioning Gel
For my last skin care step, I want to make sure my skin will be moisturized for the day, especially since I have some stubborn dry spots on my T-Zone! The Naturie Skin Conditioning Gel is my ultimate holy grail. The main ingredient is Job’s Tears extract, which is an amazing moisturizing agent. This product works well with my skin as it creates a protective film which locks in moisture and keeps my skin feeling hydrated throughout the day.
The gel texture glides smoothly and absorbs nicely without the sticky feeling. This moisturizing gel is free from fragrance, coloring, alcohol, and is hypoallergenic as well. It’s not only great for the face, but can also be used on your body too!
Step 4: SPF - Biore Perfect Milk UV
Step 1: Santa Marche Deep Cleansing
When it comes to the first step of my night routine, I want to make sure the cleanser I use will remove all the dirt and grime that have accumulated on my face throughout the day. I use the same cleanser from my morning routine. It’s gentle yet strong enough to rinse away even the toughest of makeup without any irritation.
Step 2: Melano CC Lotion Same as my morning routine.
Step 3: SANA Honeyshca All In one Serum
While we sleep, our skin is in recovery mode, “a time of intense repair and regeneration.” Your skin absorbs the best before you sleep. Overnight, we lose water as well, so your skin is now at its driest. With all of this in mind, I use Sana Honeyshca All in One serum ( a 3-in-1 formula that can be used as a toner, lotion, or a serum). The high-quality honey ingredients provide the most natural and nourishing care and restore the skin to be smooth, moisturized, and radiant. Honey is an antioxidant that can nourish the skin while disinfect and promote wound healing to help repair the skin's natural barrier.
This serum is lightweight with a slight, sticky texture which I don’t mind at night. It applies very well into the skin. I’m a bit generous with how much I apply, because I actually use this product similarly to sleeping mask. It’s not as intense as a sleeping mask though, but gets the job done. Not to mention the sweet scent of honey and rose essence, it’s the perfect way to end the night routine with a little aromatherapy.
COMBINATION SKIN WITH VERY OILY T-ZONE
Hey Glowers, I’m Sandy K and here is my current morning and night winter skincare routine! I have combination skin and a very oily T-Zone, but this winter weather can drive my skin dry!
I usually tend to lean towards more lightweight products during the morning since I wear makeup, yet I use a heavier hand on moisturizer because I can never get enough!
- Step 1 - Cleanser - The Senka Perfect Foaming Whip
- Step 2 - Toner - Thyers Witch Hazel Toner in Rose Petal
- Step 3 - Moisturizer - Naturie Job’s Tears Conditioning Gel
- Step ¾ - Eye cream - Belief Moisturizing Eye Bomb
- Step 4 - Sunscreen - Biore Perfect Milk
- Step 5 - Lips - Rosebud Perfume Co Smith’s Lip Balm Tube
It’s night time, Glowers! Which means hydration, hydration, hydration! It’s my favorite time to prep the skin of all it’s needs!
- Step 1 - Double Cleanser - DHC Cleansing Oil
- Step 2 - Cleanser - PDC Wafood Made Tofu Face Wash
- Rich and creamy for the dryness
- Best for those dry patches or if I’m dealing with acne and pimples
- Step 2½ - Exfoliate - Suisai Clear Beauty Powder (Use TWICE a week)
- Step 3 - Lotion - BCL Momo Puri Peach Lotion
- Step 4 - Facemask - (Depends on the state of my skin)
- DRY - Amino Minon Moist Face Mask (Every other night)
- OILY - Aveda Deep Cleansing Clay Masque (Twice a week)
- Step 5 - Treatment - Melano CC Serum
- A HOLY GRAIL
- Reduces pimples, lightens dark spots, and brightens skin!
- Can be used on direct spots or all over the face!
- Step 6 - Moisturizer - F.A.B Ultra Repair Cream
- Step 7 - Lip - Care:Nel Lip Sleeping Mask
NORMAL TO OILY SKIN
Hey Glowers, it’s Krystal! My skin type for winter is usually normal to oily with some dry flaky spots and here’s what I’m using to keep me glowing!
- Step 1: Cleanser - Senka perfect whip (gentle and non stripping to my skin, also doesn’t break me out)
- Step 2: Toner - naturie hatomugi skin conditioner lotion (moisturizing for winter season)
- Step 3: Moisturizer - cera ve daily moisturizing lotion ( lightweight and moisturizing for the day time)
- Step 4: Sunscreen - biore uv perfect milk sunscreen ( lightweight and non greasy)
- Step 1: Oil cleanser - Clinique take the day off cleansing balm (melts all the makeup away)
- Step 2: Cleanser - Senka Perfect Whip (same)
- Step 3: Toner - naturie hatomugi skin conditioner (same)
- Step 4: Moisturizer - sana soy milk cream (heavier moisturizer for nighttime)
- Step 5: Eye cream - belif moisturizing eye bomb (moisturizing and anti aging properties)
I mask twice a week at night with the Japan Mitomo Gold and Cherry Blossom facial essence mask (smells nice, keeps my skin moisturized, and leaves a glowing finish) and exfoliator twice a week with Suisai Beauty Clear Powder facial wash (gentle and leaves my skin smooth and bright)
SENSITIVE and DRY SKIN
Hey Glowers, it’s Sandy V! My skin gets really dry and irritated during the winter months. It's a must for me to stay on top of my skin concerns to avoid flaky skin. On top of a hydrated skin care routine, it's also just as important to hydrate your whole body by drinking more water. Here’s a breakdown of what I’m using to keep my glow on this winter:
- Step 1: Cleanser - Minon Amino Moist Gentle Foaming Wash (it’s packed with amino acids to keep my skin moisturized as it cleans)
- Step 2: Toner - Sekkisei Enriched Lotion
- Step 3: Serum - Melano CC Serum
- Step 4: Moisturizer- Curel Intensive moisture cream
- Step 5: Sunscreen - Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen
- Step 1: Oil cleanser - Kiku Masamune Japanese Sake Skin Care Cleansing Gel
- Step 2: Cleanser - Minon Amino Moist Gentle Foaming Wash
- Exfoliate once a week with Cure Aqua Gel
- Step 3: Toner- Naturie Hatomugi Skin Conditioner (it contains contains Job’s Tears which is a natural beauty ingredient with a high percentage of hyaluronic acid)
- Step 4: Moisturizer - Naturie Hatomugi Skin Conditioning Gel (I usually apply a thicker layer and use it as a night mask)
- Step 5: Eye cream - SANA Soy Milk Wrinkle Eye Cream (moisturizing and anti aging properties)
SENSITIVE and DRY SKIN
Hey Glowers, it's Sheng! Winter is here and you know what that means, dry skin! Here’s my daily skin routine to help me combat the winter dryness and to keep me glowing.
- Step 1: Cleanser – The Senka Perfect Foaming Whip
- Step 2: Toner – Naturie Hatomugi Skin Conditioner Lotion
- Step 3: Serum – Glow Recipe Pineapple-C Brightening Serum
- Step 4: Eye Cream – GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream
- Step 5: Moisturizer – Naturie Hatomugi Skin Conitioner Gel
- Step 6: Sunscreen – Biore Perfect Milk
- Step 1: Double Cleanser – DHC Cleansing Oil
- Step 2: Cleanser - Laneige Multi Deep-Clean Cleanser
- Step 2 ½: Face mask – Zeitakubihadado Matcha de Bihada (Green tea face mask paste that leaves my face feeling will moisturized and soft). I use this at least twice a week!
- Step 3: Toner - Naturie Hatomugi Skin Conditioner Lotion
- Step 4: Eye Cream – Biossance Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel
- Step 5: Moisturizer – Naturie Hatomugi Skin Conditioner Gel or Glow Recipe Avocado Melt Retinol Sleeping Face Mask
We'd love to hear from you, share your routine and J-beauty products with us on social media by tagging @theyokuglow!