4 Ways To Use Japanese Lotion
First time owning a Japanese Lotion? Not sure if you’re doing this whole J-Beauty ‘thing’ properly? Don’t worry! The Yoku Glow will share the 4 Simple Ways to Use Japanese Lotion.
A little intro to Japanese Lotion?
Many J-Beauty enthusiasts can go on-and-on about how Japanese lotion (toner) is one of the most important skin care products on the Japanese market! It tones, softens, incorporates hydration, and so much more! What’s the difference between Japanese vs Western toners? While Japanese lotions include a variety of humectants “Western toners (or astringents) usually have a water texture and contains a higher percentage of alcohol.” (Yang 7).
Here are the 4 ways you can use Japanese Lotion:
1. Use a cotton pad, pour the lotion onto the pad and gently press and swipe onto the face and neck.
-Highly recommended: Uru Uru Cotton Pads. These special pads retain the product rather than absorbing them like a regular cotton pad!
2. Pour the lotion onto your palm, warm it up by rubbing your palms together and gently press the product into your face and neck until all is absorbed.
3. Transform your favorite toner into a face mask. Add the toner to a compressed face mask (or cotton pads) and let it saturate. Then, place the mask or cotton pad onto your face and wait for 5 - 10 minutes for the skin to absorb the product.
-This method is usually done twice a week and be used for targeted areas inside of the whole face, like under the eyes or your T-zone.
4. Refrigerate the lotion overnight for a nice cooling effect and apply lotion with any method above! Best way to wake-up your face.
5. Turn your toner into a facial mist. Pick up a small mist bottle and fill it up with a mixture of your favorite toner and dilute it with filtered or distilled water. We like the ratio of 3:1 water to toner. Facial mists are amazing pick me up to have all year round and especially during the summer heat. They can help hydrate and relieve skin irritation, chill it before use or use as you go. (Stay tune, more to come on DIY facial mists!)
Overall, there is no complication of using Japanese lotion as long as you follow these simple steps! We’ve hope these methods will steer you into experimenting more of the JBeauty world. You better hurry because you won’t want to miss it!
(Read more about Japanese Lotions here.)
Looking for Japanese Toners? Check out some of our Top J-beauty Lotions below.