Hey, Glowers! The Yoku Glow is bringing you back to the DIY (Do It Yourself) season! And what better way to begin February, the month of LOVE, with a little DIY SAKE SKINCARE!
Sake, aka rice wine, is one of the most traditional products that have been a big part of Japan’s history. This historic ingredient is packed with many minerals and offers amazing skin benefits such as:
This quick and simple DIY SAKE face mask serum is a great way to get spa-ready for that special Valentine’s Day date or even a special YOU time! Let’s begin!
Always cleanse your face before you apply any serum. Highly recommended, the KIKUMASAMUNE Sake Skin Care Cleansing Gel from our ‘Drunk In Love’ Box!
- Grab your ingredients:
- SAKE (Preferably Original)
- One Lemon
Both fruits have great brightening ingredients.
3. Grab your face mask tools: 6 Uru Uru Cotton pads! These special spongy pads are thin which retains the serum rather than being all absorbed in a regular cotton pad.
In the end, I only needed 5 pieces!
4. Cut your lemon and orange in halves.
5. Squeeze the juices into the bowl and then scoop 4 Tbsp of Sake and mix! It should turn into an egg yolk color.
6. Soak in all the pads and let it chill in the fridge for 5~10 minutes.
7. After soaking the pads, gently squeeze 30% of the DIY serum where the sake mix won’t drip. Lay them out.
8. APPLY onto face! Forehead, chin, nose, and cheeks. Leave it on for approximately 10~15 minutes.
9. Remove and discard cotton pads. Rinse your face with lukewarm water and pat dry with a towel!
Instantly, you should feel your skin refreshed and tightened! Brightening results surely show weeks after using this DIY!
TIP! Use the SAKE by itself as a TONER with a new cotton pad and apply it onto your face and neck!
TIP! If you don’t want to make this one-use serum everytime, don’t worry!
- Double or triple the ingredients as necessary!
- Place the Uru Uru cotton pads flat in a ziploc type bag!
- Place into FREEZER!
This refreshing face mask serum should be good for a week!
TIP! Add BROWN SUGAR into the DIY SAKE SERUM and make a BODY SCRUB!
Overall, I simply love this DIY Sake Skincare! Whether you’re having a Girl’s Night In or getting ready for Valentine’s Day, this DIY is easy, fun, and simple for everyone to create!
Not about that DIY life? Check out one of our favorite J-Beauty Sake Face Mask ‘Kose CLEAR TURN BEAUTIFUL SKIN ARTISAN SAKE MASK’ from the ‘Drunk In Love’ February Box.