DIY Sake Skincare
Hey, Glowers! The Yoku Glow is bringing you back to the DIY (Do It Yourself) season! And what better way to begin February, the month of LOVE, with a little DIY SAKE SKINCARE!
Sake, aka rice wine, is one of the most traditional products that have been a big part of Japan’s history. This historic ingredient is packed with many minerals and offers amazing skin benefits such as:
This quick and simple DIY SAKE face mask serum is a great way to get spa-ready for that special Valentine’s Day date or even a special YOU time! Let’s begin!
Always cleanse your face before you apply any serum. Highly recommended, the KIKUMASAMUNE Sake Skin Care Cleansing Gel.
- Grab your ingredients:
- SAKE (Preferably Original)
- One Lemon
Both fruits have great brightening ingredients.
3. Grab your face mask tools: 6 Uru Uru Cotton pads! These special spongy pads are thin which retains the serum rather than being all absorbed in a regular cotton pad.
In the end, I only needed 5 pieces!
4. Cut your lemon and orange in halves.
5. Squeeze the juices into the bowl and then scoop 4 Tbsp of Sake and mix! It should turn into an egg yolk color.
6. Soak in all the pads and let it chill in the fridge for 5~10 minutes.
7. After soaking the pads, gently squeeze 30% of the DIY serum where the sake mix won’t drip. Lay them out.
8. APPLY onto face! Forehead, chin, nose, and cheeks. Leave it on for approximately 10~15 minutes.
9. Remove and discard cotton pads. Rinse your face with lukewarm water and pat dry with a towel!
Instantly, you should feel your skin refreshed and tightened! Brightening results surely show weeks after using this DIY!
TIP! Use the SAKE by itself as a TONER with a new cotton pad and apply it onto your face and neck!
TIP! If you don’t want to make this one-use serum everytime, don’t worry!
- Double or triple the ingredients as necessary!
- Place the Uru Uru cotton pads flat in a ziploc type bag!
- Place into FREEZER!
This refreshing face mask serum should be good for a week!
TIP! Add BROWN SUGAR into the DIY SAKE SERUM and make a BODY SCRUB!
Overall, I simply love this DIY Sake Skincare! Whether you’re having a Girl’s Night In or getting ready for Valentine’s Day, this DIY is easy, fun, and simple for everyone to create!
Want to learn more about the benefits of sake? Check out our blog!